According to Ericsson’s official website, the company currently has 95 5G commercial contracts. As of now, Ericsson has a publicizable 5G commercial contract with 54 operator customers. In addition, it provides equipment for 40 already operational 5G commercial networks in 23 countries.
The 54 publicly available 5G commercial contracts displayed on Ericsson’s official website and the 40 officially operational 5G commercial networks that provide 5G network equipment include China Mobile, China Telecom, and China Unicom.
Ericsson’s 5G equipment has joined hands with many leading operators around the world to achieve the first commercial launch of 5G on 4 continents. Since 2015, Ericsson has shipped more than 5 million 5G-ready RF units.
The company said
“We’re proud to say that communication service providers all around the world have chosen to deploy 5G using our leading network technology. Our list of commercial agreements and contracts with unique operators is growing rapidly”.
Looking at Ericsson’s 40 already operational 5G commercial networks, here is how it spreads worldwide
- Latin America: 0 live 5G network in 0 countries
- Central & Eastern Europe: 5 live 5G networks in 4 countries
- North-East Asia: 9 live 5G networks in 3 countries
- North America: 6 live 5G networks in 2 countries
- Western Europe: 12 live 5G networks in 9 countries
- Middle East & Africa: 5 live 5G networks in 3 countries
- Southeast Asia, Oceania & India: 3 live 5G networks in 2 countries