BYD recently unveiled its new Han flagship electric car series in Europe. BYD Han closely collaborates with Huawei and it uses Huawei’s HiCar solution. At a BYD Han launch conference tonight, Yu Chengdong, CEO of Huawei’s consumer business, got an invitation. Introducing the HiCar system with the car, Yu Chengdong also released something special. He announced a special Chinese customized version of the Huawei P40.
Looking at the image of the phone at the press conference, it appears that this device has a little tweak. The design looks just the same as the regular Huawei P40. However, in the middle of the rear, there is a car logo. Also, the word “Han” is in the upper right corner of this smartphone. However, the company did not announce other specs of this smartphone. Thus, we do not know if there is a significant difference between this special edition and the regular version.
In addition, Han will be the first car to use Huawei 5G technology. Furthermore, the Han EV 5G version will be launched later. BYD Han is also equipped with Huawei’s HiCar system. HiCar is a human-vehicle-wide smart interconnection solution provided by Huawei. This solution provides multi-device sharing and a seamless user experience inside and outside the car, etc. HUAWEI HiCar is based on Huawei’s HongMeng system and it allow cars and mobile phones to connect seamlessly. For example, “Huawei mobile phone NFC supports HiCar, which can open BYD cars. Even if the mobile phone is down, you can still open the car and charge the Huawei mobile phone in the car.”
At present, the company has not also announced the price and availability of the Huawei P40 Chinese customized version.
As for the regular version, here is the specification of the Huawei P40
Huawei P40 specifications
- 6.1-inch (2340 x 1080 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.0
- Dual SIM (nano SIM + eSIM)
- 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, 16MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, dual-tone LED flash
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, IR Camera for Face unlock, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP53)
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dimensions: 148.3×71.6×8.5mm; Weight: 175g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 3800mAh (typical) battery with 22.5W SuperCharge