Xiaomi is fueling interest in the company’s upcoming 10th-anniversary celebration. In addition to the obvious presentation of new super-powerful flagships, the company plans to update some of its old products. For example, the Chinese giant announced that despite the fact that the already legendary Redmi Note 8 Pro has a successor, Xiaomi is planning a new color for the old mid-range smartphone.
Xiaomi to release a new color option for the Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi’s official Twitter account has announced that the Redmi Note 8 Pro will receive a new special edition. A new color scheme awaits us, and a Twitter post hints that the choice of color is directly related to the Xiaomi logo. The official color of Xiaomi is orange, and from the advertising poster, we can see that the new color is likely to be orange as well.
A new special edition is about to join our #RedmiNote8Pro family. Can you guess the name of the color?
— Xiaomi (@Xiaomi) August 9, 2020
Back in January, China launched a color variant of the smartphone called Twilight Orange. At the moment, it is no longer available for purchase. Most likely, Xiaomi will “relaunch” this color, this time on the global market.
As a reminder, the Redmi Note 8 Pro has a 6.53-inch FHD + display. The smartphone is powered by the Helio G90T from MediaTek with up to 8GB of RAM. On the rear panel, there is a block of rear camera, consisting of four modules. The main one with 64 megapixels, a wide-angle one with 8 megapixels and two “plug modules” of 2 megapixels. The front-facing sensor is 20 Megapixels.
The device has a 4500 mAh battery with support for fast charging up to 18 W, an NFC chip, a 3.5 mm mini-jack and a USB-C port. The smartphone went on sale with Android 9 Pie, but was updated to Android 10.
Redmi Note 8 Pro specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G90T 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs) with 800MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10, upgradable to MIUI 11
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Built-in Alexa with dual wake word
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 161.37×76.4×8.79mm; Weight: 199.8g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging