Yesterday, on the occasion of its 10th anniversary, Xiaomi presented the ultimate flagship Mi 10 Ultra. Almost all the specs are top-notch: the best ultrazoom camera, great display and ultra-fast charging. The smartphone will go on sale in China on August 16, and buyers will find a 120W charger bundled with it.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra 120W fast charging speed tested
At the presentation, it was said that it will take only 23 minutes to fully charge a 4500 mAh battery, and in 5 minutes its resource will be replenished by 41%. But to what extent do the announced figures correspond to the actual use? the Chinese tech reviewers who have already got hold of the device for the test decided to find out.
So, according to the results of charging the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra with the new 120W charger, it was found that you can really charge the smartphone from 0 to 100% in just 23 minutes. But in the first five minutes, the battery charges 36%, not 41% as stated. In 10 minutes, the battery capacity achieve 59%, 15 minutes – 79% and 20 minutes – 95%.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB. 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB storage. 16GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.32″ OV48C sensor,1.2μm, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, LED flash. 48MP Sony IMX586 periscope telephoto lens with f/4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS. 20MP 128° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture. 12MP 1/2.6″ 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38×75.04×9.45mm; Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO. Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 120W QC 5 / PD3.0 wired. 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
The Mi 10 Ultra comes in Obsidian Black, Mercury Silver and Transparent Edition, starts at 5299 yuan (US$ 762) for 8GB + 128GB, 5599 yuan (US$ 806) for 8GB + 256GB, 5999 yuan (US$ 863) for 12GB + 256GB and the top-end 16GB + 512GB version costs 6999 yuan (US$ 1007). It is available for order today and goes on sale in China from August 16th.