Redmi Note 9 is definitely a good smartphone. It justifies its price in terms of performance, features, functionalities and quality of photos. Using it, few people regret not having acquired something else. Still, there are complaints about this model. There were questions about the build quality. In particular, they complained about the lack of tightness of the glass, which covers the main camera unit.
Redmi Note 9: Users complain about problems after installing MIUI 12
And recently another attack fell on Redmi Note 9. And it is software related. More and more users complain about low system performance, failures in Wi-Fi and note that a number of games literally “break” the firmware and severe freezes and delays are observed.
The problem lies in MIUI 12, because all of the above crashes began to appear after installing the update. The company has already released MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 9 for Chinese, Indian and European versions of the device. In August, the developers stopped the spread of the global variant of the update due to errors, but after a while, the update began to come to smartphones again.
Gizchina News of the week
At the moment, the company does not comment on the situation in any way. But the moderator of the Mi community said that the developers are aware of the existing problems and are working to fix them. This is not the first time that Xiaomi has rolled out a firmware version, which is full of holes and bugs.
Redmi Note 9 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 450nit(typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1), 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 48MP rear cameras with Samsung GM1 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro lens and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.25 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 1216 Linear speaker, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 162.38×77.2×8.95mm; Weight: 199g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh (typical) / 4920mAh (minimum) battery, 22.5W in-box charger, 9w reverse charging