Xiaomi’s budget smartphones have been a best seller in multiple regions from India to Europe and more. Now, the Redmi 7 units reportedly have started receiving the MIUI 11 v188.8.131.52 Europe Stable ROM which bumps up the previous security patch to August 2020 security patch update in Europe. The update also bumps up the software version number to V184.108.40.206.PFLEUXM.
This is a stable build and not a beta, and hence so we recommend users to update their device to this build as soon as possible. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie and is being rolled out for the Redmi 7. Similar to all the other updates, this OTA update is rolling out in Europe exclusively over the air. This is a planned rollout so it may take some time to be available in all handsets.
For changes, The update brings software optimization and promises to provide a better user experience. Along with all the optimizations, it also improves the security and performance of the device while bumping up the software version. It also addresses many bugs which were reported in the previous build.
As usual, users should ensure that they back up their data before attempting the download. Also, this update will not arrive on all units at the same time. Thus, if you have not gotten this update, just exercise some patience. Alternatively, you can go to settings to check for available updates manually.
Redmi 7 MIUI 11 v220.127.116.11 Changelog:
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security.
- MIUI V18.104.22.168.PFLEUXM – Download Recovery ROM
Xiaomi Redmi 7 specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 based on 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD card support
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Splash resistant (P2i nano-coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 158.73×75.58×8.47mm; Weight: 180g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
With that said, How many of you have started receiving the new update on your devices? How often do you guys update your devices? How has the experience with Redmi 7 been so far? Do drop a comment down below or tweet out to us @GizChina.