OnePlus certainly is taking 2020 seriously with the introduction of a range of new mid-range smartphones under the Nord family. At the same time, the company now starts to give the first steps for the release of its H2 flagship lineup in the form of the OnePlus 8T series. However, it still finds time to keep its name as a reliable company when it comes to keeping its smartphones updated. The company might be busy with the imminent update of OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 8, 8T, 7, and 7T, but today is rolling out an incremental update for the last year’s flagships.
The new update brings a plethora of bug fixes for the four smartphones. Moreover, it bumps the Android Security Patch level to September 2020. Since gaming is pretty important nowadays, and these devices should be the pinnacle of gaming experience thanks to its flagship chipsets, the company is bringing improvements for the Game Space feature. The OnePlus 7 family gets the OxygenOS Open Beta 18, while the OnePlus 7T family is getting the Open Beta 8. You can see more details in the changelog available below.
OxygenOS Open Beta 18/8 changelog
- Fixed the known issues with screen recorder
- Fixed the issue that the notification bar did not respond occasionally
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.09
- Updated GMS package to 2020.08
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only heads up and block just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Add the Best Answer function, which allows you to mark others’ answers. Best Answer will also be rewarded with experience points
- Add mall function, you can buy mobile phones and other OnePlus products more convenient
- Optimized the log information capture function
The company will likely keep updating these devices in the coming months with “just” incremental updates. In the background, we believe that the OxygenOS 11 development already started for these devices. If we follow the company’s last year’s schedule for OxygenOS 10, the company will probably update the last year’s models and the OnePlus 6/6T series. The OnePlus 5 family will not go beyond OxygenOS 10.