Back in August 5, Samsung has pretty much completed its plans for 2020 flagships with the release of the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. Of course, we not taking the Galaxy Z Fold2 in account since it’s more a niche device than a standard flagship. The company now is gearing that the duo of flagships will perform well in the markets where it is available. Meanwhile, it prepares the path for the Android 11 based OneUI 3.0 update and also works on its next year’s Galaxy S21 flagship. As far as the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is concerned, the company is rolling out a new update for some unlocked units in the United States. Don’t hold your breath yet as this update still is an Android 10-based firmware. However, it brings improvements for the camera performance and introduvces September security patch.
The update brings a set of underhood improvements for the camera performance. According to GSMArena, this firmware is also reaching units outside of the United States, however, the changelog does not specify the camera changes. It only mentions the September security patch level. So, unless some interns have forgotten to write the international changelog, the US users are the only ones getting the camera improvements in this update. If that is the case, then the company will likely push the improvements within the next update. It may be testing these camera enhancements in a single country first.
Gizchina News of the week
Samsung is not the best company when it comes to providing information on its changelog. It describes that the camera has receive a set of improvements. The Clipboard also received a new treatment and users will feel extra stability. The software will feel smoother now. The update weighs in at 359MB.
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE20 ULTRA SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3088 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display, HDR10+,496PPI, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Laser AF Sensor, 12MP Periscope lens with f/3.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 5X optical zoom, Super-Resolution Zoom up to 50X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1mm; Weight: 208
- Bluetooth enabled S Pen with Pressure levels: 4096, Pen tip diameter: 0.7 mm, IP68
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 45W fast charging, wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare