It is already official that OnePlus will release the OnePlus 8T 5G smartphone sometime next month. According to speculations, this smartphone will arrive on October 14th. In a recent pre-heating video, there are indications that there will be a OnePlus 8T Ultra version. The title of the video is “OnePlus 8T – Ultra Stops at Nothing”. Furthermore, this phrase “Ultra Stops at Nothing” appeared in the video several times.
In addition, OnePlus described in the video introduction as “The next addition to the OnePlus line up is ultra-smooth, ultra-fast and all things extreme”. This implies that OnePlus product line will introduce a brand new model. Of course, there are speculations that the “Ultra” name is most likely.
Earlier this month, there were reports that the OnePlus 8T series will cancel the OnePlus 8T Pro model. However, it now appears that it will replace the “Pro” model with the new “Ultra” model.
In recent years, many manufacturers have adopted the “Ultra” naming method for top models. We have seen the likes of Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra, and so on. Therefore, it cannot be ruled out that OnePlus will add the OnePlus 8T Ultra model.
ONEPLUS 8T 5G SPECS SPECULATIONS
The front of this smartphone may use the same 6.55-inch display as the OnePlus 8, but the refresh rate is 120Hz. It is reported that a punch hole on the front will accommodate a 32-megapixel selfie lens. On the rear, it will have a quad camera setup. The actual configuration will include 48MP + 16MP + 5MP + 2MP. OnePlus 8T 5G is expected to run on the Snapdragon 865 chipset. There have been rumors that this phone will not use the upgraded Snapdragon 865 Plus. However, the trailer released by OnePlus emphasizes speed, so there is still hope for OnePlus 8T 5G to come with the Snapdragon 865 Plus.
- 6.55-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB storage / 12GB RAM with 256GB storage
- Android 11 with OxygenOS 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, 16MP 116° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP macro camera, 2MP depth sensor
- 32MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65W fast charging