After releasing the successful UMIDIGI A7 Pro early this year, the company today announced its successor UMIDIGI A9 Pro with a solid upgrades on camera and overall performance. The A9 Pro features a Sony 48MP quad camera setup (32MP Sony main camera for the 4GB + 64GB variant), Helio P60 processor with up to 6GB + 128GB, as well as an infrared thermometer sensor. The phone will be available from only $119.99 starting from October 16th.
Flagship Camera Setup, Entry-level Phone Price
UMIDIGI’s A series is famous for its very high value for money in the entry-level segment. Now the UMIDIGI A9 Pro(6GB + 128GB) introduces the Sony 48MP main camera for the first time to the phones at around $120 amrk. As you know, the Sony 48MP sensor used to be employed by the expensive flagship phonesonly. But now A9 Pro comes with a solid quad rear camera setup, which contains a SONY 48MP main camera (32MP one for the 4GB + 64GB variant), 16MP ultra-wide angle camera, 5MP depth lens and a 5MP macro lens. And on the front you can find Sony 24MP selfie camera.
Infrared Temperature Sensor to Take Body Temperature
A temperature sensor would normally sound like a niche smartphone feature, but in the pandemic era a high temperature could be a first sign of being ill with COVID-19. So it could be a helpful tool to always have with you. UMIDIGI putting the infrared temperature sensor on the entry-level UMIDIGI A9 Pro is a welcome thing, like the same thing with recently launched A7S. With the new sensor,the handset can display temperature readings after just being held up to people’s faces and wrists.
One of the Most Powerful Phones in this Price Range
UMIDIGI A9 Pro is powered by the high-performance octa-core Helio P60 chipset, scoring about 170,000 in AnTuTu v8, which makes it a performance beast in this price range. The phone offers 4GB + 64GB and 6GB + 128GB memory options, both featuring LPDDR4X RAM and UFS 2.1 flash storage.
Other Great Features You can’t Ignore
Besides the high performance and the solid camera setup, the A9 Pro comes with other great features in this price range. It boasts a 6.3″ FHD+ full screen with a resolution of 2340 x 1080. Both front and back panel is 2.5D glass, while the middle frame is metal. On the bottom it has a Type-C port to charge the 4150mAh battery. The phone has a 3-card slot for up to 256GB expandable storage. It runs stock Android 10 and supports global bands like other UMIDIGI phones.
Gizchina News of the week
Price and Availability
The UMIDIGI A9 Pro is available in two variants. 4GB + 64GB variant with Sony 32MP main camera will be at $119.99, while the 6GB + 128GB variant comes with a Sony 48MP main camera and the price rises to $139.99. Both variants are available in two colours, Forest Green and Onyx Black. The A9 Pro first global sale will start on October 16th through AliExpress, when the company will have a huge sale to celebrate its 9th anniversary. If you’re interested with the phone, you’d better add it to cart now, in case you would miss the sale.
Lastly, to improve users’ experience, UMIDIGI is giving away 10 units of A9 Pro, and you can join the giveaway and learn more about the phone on UMIDIGI’s official website.
UMIDIGI A9 Pro full specs :
- Screen: 6.3″ FHD+ Waterdrop Screen
- CPU: MediaTek, Helio P60, 4xCortex-A73, 2.0GHz & 4xCortex-A53, up to 2.0GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali G72 MP3, up to 800MHz
- RAM and Storage: 4GB + 64GB / 6GB + 128GB
RAM Type: LPDDR4X dual channel
- Storage Type: UFS 2.1
- Rear camera: 48MP Sony primary camera, 1/2” image sensor, 1.6μm 4-in-1 super pixel, F/1.79 aperture, 6-element lens [6GB + 128GB variant] , (32MP Sony primary camera for 4GB + 64GB variant), 16MP ultra wide angle camera, FOV 120° , 5MP depth camera, 5MP macro camera, 2cm macro distance
- Front camera: Sony 24MP, F/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens
- Dedicated keys: Independent shortcut key
- Connectivity: Dual 4G / Dual VoLTE
- 4G: FDD-LTE: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B /B66, TDD-LTE: B34 /38 /39 /40 /41, 3G: WCDMA: B1 /2 /4 /5 /6 /8 /19, TD-SCDMA: B34 /39, CDMA EVDO: BC0 /BC1, 2G: GSM: B2 /B3 /B5 /B8, CDMA1X: BC0 /BC1
- GPS, Glonass, Galileo
- USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.2, OTG
- Battery: 4150mAh, 10W Fast Charge
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 74.9 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 213g
- Sensors: Infrared Temperature Sensor, Rear-Mounted Fingerprint Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass
- Colors: Forest Green, Onyx Black