Xiaomi is an innovative company that is always working on one device or the other. In fact, a new Xiaomi watch with the name “Mi Watch Lite” got certified. Looking at the name of this device, it should be lower than the current Xiaomi Watch. Thus, we all expect this device to be cheaper than the Xiaomi Watch. Presently, there is no known Xiaomi Watch in development. Nevertheless, Redmi’s first smartwatch recently got network access certification. It has a similar model number as this watch. This is raising speculations that the “Mi Watch Lite” is actually a Redmi smartwatch.
According to the certification information, Redmi’s first watch comes with model number REDMIWT01. The product is a Bluetooth device and the applicant is Xiaomi Communication Technology Co., Ltd. As its first smartwatch, the Redmi watch will probably use the MIUI for Watch operating system. This system is based on the Android operating system. It will support eSIM virtual card service as well as downloading and installation of Apps.
Gizchina News of the week
As of now, this is the only information regarding the smartwatch. While many believe that this is a Redmi Watch, others believe that it is a Xiaomi Watch. Whatever the case may be, we will have more information in the coming weeks. There are currently reports that the Redmi Note 10 5G will arrive sometime in October. It is possible that this Redmi Watch may arrive with the Redmi Note 10 5G.
XIAOMI MI WATCH SPECIFICATIONS
- 1.78-inch (368 x 448 pixels) AMOLED 326PPI screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 / sapphire crystal (Premium Edition) protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 Platform
- 1GB RAM, 8GB eMMC
- Wear OS based MIUI For Watch with support for Android and iOS
- Sports, Activity and Sleep tracking
- Accelerometer, Geomagnetic sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Barometer
- Swim Proof
- 4G VoLTE (via eSIM), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS+GLONASS+BEIDOU, NFC
- Dimensions: 44.69 x 36.92x 12.28mm; Weight: 44g (without strap) / 56g (Premium Edition without strap)
- Speaker, microphone
- 570mAh (typical) / 560mAh (minimum) battery with up to 36hours of battery life on 4G
The Xiaomi Mi watch runs a proprietary custom MIUI, based on Google’s Wear OS. There is also a set of classic functions for smartwatches, including heart rate monitoring, the ability to control physical activity and sleep and display notifications from a smartphone. It is possible to listen to music from the watch, it has 4 GB of internal memory.