Samsung’s upcoming flip phone, Samsung W21 5G, recently got Wi-Fi Alliance certification. Now, this smartphone has also passed through the Chinese 3C certification process. The listing shows that this smartphone will still come with a 25W charging adapter (11V, 2.5A). In addition, the device model is designated SM-W2021 and it supports 5G network.
Earlier in the month, this smartphone also got a radio frequency certification. The listing shows that it supports two physical SIM cards. This will be Samsung’s first foldable or flip phone to two physical SIM cards. The other models support one physical SIM card and one e-SIM card.
Last year’s Samsung W20 5G was very similar to the Samsung Galaxy Fold. In fact, there were even speculations that it is just another name for the same model. Therefore, there is a good probability that the Samsung W21 5G will closely resemble Samsung’s latest Galaxy Z Fold 2.
In terms of pricing, as a reference, Samsung W20 5G is priced at 19,999 yuan ($2,934). Therefore, Samsung W21 5G is very likely to be priced at 19,999 yuan ($2,934) or higher.
Regarding Samsung W21 5G, some sources said it will be released on November 5. However, we can not ascertain the authenticity of this launch date for now. At present, there is very little information about Samsung W21 5G. There is also no speculations regarding this smartphone. Samsung seems to be keeping very tight security on this one. According to Samsung’s previous practice, this device should hit the road before the end of the year.
Samsung W20 specifications
- 7.3-inch (2152×1536 pixels) QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio main display
- 4.6-inch (720×1680 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions: 160.9×117.9×6.9/15.7-17.1mm;Weight: 276g
- 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4,235mAh (typical) 4135mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)
Featured Image: Samsung W20