The OnePlus 8T, like all of the company’s latest smartphones, has drawn a lot of criticism. Some users complain about the lack of really noticeable improvements and changes and some others about the overpricing for the offered features. But it looks like the company can be praised for at least the build quality.
OnePlus 8T durability test has been released
Today, the well-known YouTube channel JerryRigEverything released a video review of the OnePlus 8T, and according to its results, it can be argued that the smartphone is already the company’s second smartphone in just over six months, which has survived a tough test of the main enemy of smartphones on the Web.
True, after all, the Youtuber Zach Nelson, expressed the opinion that the company’s smartphones still have room for improvement. Nelson’s particular concern is the 8T’s bend resistance.
Otherwise, the OnePlus 8T is just as resistant to scratches and other forms of minor mechanical damage as you’d expect. Moreover, the design of the smartphone provides good protection for the expensive 120 Hz AMOLED display – both outside and inside, so that you do not feel so sorry for giving away the huge money that OnePlus asks for its new device.
Gizchina News of the week
Whether the durability of the OnePlus 8T will play a big role for potential customers when choosing a new smartphone is a big question, especially considering that many competitors from China offer the same specifications for a much more adequate price tag. We will find out about this in the coming months.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of this smartphone.
OnePlus 8T specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 402 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, 1100 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OxygenOS 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, 16MP 116° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX481 sensor, 5MP 3cm macro camera, 2MP depth sensor, 4K video at 60fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160.7×74.1×8.4mm; Weight: 188g
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A)