In order to spur interest in its new Pixel 5, Google has organized a Sweepstakes of several prizes of $5,000. To participate in it, you need to purchase the smartphone from November 2 to November 30 in the official online store Google Store.
Those who are unable or unwilling to purchase the Pixel 5 can take an alternative route by sending a handwritten letter to the New York Google office, including the postal address, email, phone number and date of birth.
Then, on December 20, on the eve of the Christmas holidays, the company will randomly select the five lucky ones who will receive the $ 5,000 prize (moreover, Google promised to compensate for possible tax deductions). The payment will be made to your Google Pay account, so you need to register it in advance. The money can be cashed out without any problems.
Google Pixel 5 specifications
- 6-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 90Hz HDR display, 432 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 11
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12.2MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, OIS, 16MP 107° Ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front camera with 84° ultra-wide lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Water and dust Resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, 3 microphones
- Dimensions: 144.7 x 70.4 x 8.0mm; Weight: 151g
- 5G SA/NA 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, USB Type C 3.1 (1st Gen), NFC
- 4000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, Qi wireless charging, reverse charging
Google Pixel 5 multi-core and GPU test results are disappointing
Google’s flagships have had slightly lower performance than their direct competitors before, although they’ve always used flagship platforms. This year, the Pixel 5 received a mid-range Snapdragon 765G SoC, but the tests have revealed that the smartphone is much slower than other models that use the same chip.
Gizchina News of the week
In single-threaded mode, the Google Pixel 5 works fine, delivering the expected performance. However, the multi-core benchmark results and GPU performance are disappointing. Reviewers point out that in terms of performance, it is closer to smartphones based on the Snapdragon 710.
During the tests, the device was also tried to cool down to eliminate the possibility of the effect of overheating on the result, but nothing changed.
In the end, the reviewers noted that the Pixel 5 has excellent battery life against the background of not very high performance. Google probably thinks that for many this parameter is much more important than the maximum theoretical performance.