DxOMark specialists have revised the rating of the main camera of the iPhone 11 in connection with the introduction of the fourth test protocol, as the developers themselves call it. This protocol regulates the testing and evaluation of results. It was introduced in October this year and has become mandatory for testing all new smartphones. It is now being used to update the results of previously tested models, including the iPhone 11 this time.
I must say that no testers’ conclusions have changed. For example, when taking a photo, they praise the ultra-wide-angle camera and scold the flash in night shots, and when shooting video, they note effective stabilization and good detail with unstable exposure and white balance (when shooting indoors). But the test results presented by the diagram are more detailed, and the final result increased by 10 points at once: from 109 to 119! This is a lot within the overall rating.
This jump allowed the iPhone 11 to take 21st place in the ranking, although as the results of other models are revised, it may move both higher and lower. But at the moment, the iPhone 11 is at the level of the OnePlus 8 Pro and Google Pixel 5. It should be noted that DxOMark experts also revised the rating of the 11 Pro Max, but it gets slightly less points than the iPhone 11: plus seven points – and now it is in 11th place in the overall rating.
Gizchina News of the week
iPhone 11 is currently the most popular smartphone in the world
When Apple reported its results for the second quarter of this year, the company said the iPhone 11 is the best-selling smartphone in the China market. The latest Counterpoint survey confirms this.
Counterpoint data indicates that the top five best-selling smartphones in the Chinese market in the second quarter of this year included the iPhone 11, Oppo A8, Honor 9X, Vivo Y3 and Huawei Mate 30 5G. At the same time, the iPhone 11 and Huawei Mate 30 are premium flagship phones, while the other three models belong to the budget segment.
The source adds that the iPhone 11 is also the top-selling smartphone in the US, Germany, UK and Japan. Four iPhones are in the top five in the UK market, and Apple’s smartphones are in the top three in Japan.
APPLE IPHONE 11 SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.1-inch (1792×828 pixels) LCD 326ppi Liquid Retina display
- Six-core A13 Bionic 64-bit processor, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB,256GB storage options
- iOS 13
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera,optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps. 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 2x optical zoom out; digital zoom up to 5x
- 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording. With Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120 fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 150.9×75.7×8.3; Weight: 194 grams
- Gigabit-class LTE up to 1.6Gbps, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours of video playback