Apple is the synonym for premium products. But in recent years, it has released a few low-to-mid-range products. The iPhone SE small-size smartphone is one of them. Honestly, this model doesn’t perform as well as the high-end models. But the company still continues launching new generations of this series. Just recently, the Cupertino-based company launched the new iPhone SE3. Many Apple fans have been waiting for it eagerly. But a phone that was the talk of the town turned back into Cinderella over a night. The only significant improvement in comparison to the previous model is the chip. Everything else remains unchanged.
Though Apple didn’t make many enhancements, the price is higher. The iPhone SE3 costs $429. So how reasonable is it to get your hands on a mid-range iPhone, if you can acquire the iPhone 11 for almost the same amount of money?
(We have already published an article and explained why you don’t have to buy this phone. So in this article, we will focus more on buying the iPhone 11 instead of the iPhone SE3.)
iPhone SE3 vs iPhone 11: Features In Common
- Retina HD LCD display, with 326ppi, IPS technology, P3 wide color gamut;
- Wi‑Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0;
- Dual SIM card support;
- 12MP rear wide-angle camera with an ƒ/1.8 aperture, optical image stabilization, digital zoom up to 5x, True Tone flash with slow sync, deep fusion, portrait mode, portrait lighting, and Smart HDR photos;
- Support for recording 4K videos at 60fps, optical image stabilization, QuickTake video, 1080p slow-motion video at 120fps/240fps, time-lapse video with stabilization, and stereo recording;
- Front camera with an ƒ/2.2 aperture, retina flash, HDR, portrait mode, portrait lighting, 1080p HD video recording up to 60fps, movie video stabilization and QuickTake video;
- Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG video playback;
- Three-axis gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, and barometer;
- Aviation grade aluminum;
- Wireless charging.
iPhone SE3 vs iPhone 11: Differences
- Display Size and weight: the iPhone SE3 has a 4.7-inch Retina HD display and weighs 144 grams, while the iPhone 11 has a 6.1-inch Liquid Retina HD display and weighs 194 grams;
- Biometric identification: the iPhone SE3 comes with a traditional Home button supporting Touch ID; the iPhone 11 supports face recognition;
- Processor: the iPhone SE3 uses the same A15 Bionic chip found on the current iPhone 13 models, which is a 16-core neural engine; the iPhone 11 uses the old good A13 Bionic chip with an 8-core neural engine;
- Connectivity: the iPhone SE3 supports 5G network; the iPhone 11 comes with a 4G network support;
- Camera: the iPhone SE3 sports a single rear camera (wide-angle); the iPhone 11 comes with a dual-camera (wide-angle and ultra-wide-angle), which supports 2x optical zoom;
- Endurance: the iPhone SE3 provides up to 15 hours of video playback; the iPhone 11’s battery life is up to 17 hours;
- Water-resistance: the iPhone SE3 has an IP67 waterproof rating so that it can be immersed into 1-meter water and remain there for up to 30 minutes; the iPhone 11 comes with the IP68 waterproof rating, which means it can be immersed into 2-meters water and stay there for up to 30 minutes;
- Colors: the iPhone SE3 is available in midnight, starlight, and red; the iPhone 11 is available in purple, yellow, green, black, white, and red.
In addition, the iPhone 11 also supports Dolby Atmos audio playback through a built-in space-aware U1 ultra-wideband chip.
Compared with the new iPhone SE3, the iPhone 11 is more water-resistant, provides a better audio experience, and is available in multiple colors.