The Huawei Harmony OS 2.0 is official and now available for some Huawei Phones. The smartphones that can get this update includes Huawei P40, P40 Pro, Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, and MatePad Pro devices. In addition to its availability OTA, this update also supports Android applications. Technically, Harmony OS is just a change in the bottom layer of Huawei’s previous system. This means that Android + EMUI will now work as Harmony OS2.0 + EMUI. According to Huawei’s official website, users on the HarmonyOS Beta version can roll back to the EMUI 11 stable version. This can be done using Huawei Mobile Assistant (HMA).
- Please make sure that you are currently using the official version of Huawei’s system. If your Huawei system before upgrade to HarmonyOS is not official, you will face the risk of unsuccessful rollback. Furthermore, this may also cause more issues for your device. If you have an unofficial system package, go to any Huawei Customer Service Center to restore the system.
- Please make sure that the current version has not been unlocked or rooted.
- The rollback operation will erase all user data. Please be sure to back up all important data to a PC or cloud before rolling back. Also, confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- Please make sure that the phone has enough battery power. Your phone battery should be above 50%.
- Before rolling back, be sure to turn off the mobile phone retrieval function (find my mobile phone) and perform a factory reset operation to ensure that the remaining free space is sufficient.
- Before rolling back, please manually upgrade the computer terminal Huawei Mobile Assistant to the latest version.
- 7. After the rollback is complete, the phone will automatically restart. Please wait for about 10 minutes. After the rollback is successful, the phone desktop displays the EMUI 11.0 default theme.
Harmony OS 2.0 Mobile developer beta main features
- Brand new mobile phone UI controls, adding 50+ UI controls for developers to develop mobile HarmonyOS applications. It also unifies the UI interaction experience of multiple devices.
- The HarmonyOS application framework supports mobile phones and rapid migration. It also supports swift connection and circulation. There is a no-installation loading of HarmonyOS applications on multiple devices.
- Provides Windows and Mac platform development and compilation toolchain experience. This is also convenient for developers to quickly develop HarmonyOS applications.
- Provides 40+ Sample Codes for mobile developers. This is convenient for developers to quickly understand and adapt to HarmonyOS interfaces and development methods.
- Distributed capability interfaces such as multi-modal perception support multiple usage scenarios.
- Also offers a standard input method framework and capabilities
- Provide standardized telephone system interface capabilities.
- Also uses a barrier-free development framework
- Provides standardized distributed data management capabilities. Developers can also call standardized distributed DB interfaces to realize real-time data synchronization between devices.
- Enhance the account system capabilities. It also includes accountless devices into the HarmonyOS system.