It is no longer news that Huawei has officially released the HarmonyOS 2.0 for smartphones. This system is available for only app developers for now (developers beta). It is currently available for some Huawei Phones. The smartphones that can get this update includes Huawei P40, P40 Pro, Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, and MatePad Pro devices. In addition to its availability OTA, this update also supports Android applications. According to reports, HarmonyOS 2.0 uses distributed UI controls, which can improve the efficiency of multi-terminal UI development and adapt to multiple screen types and interaction methods.
HarmonyOS 2.0’s new mobile phone UI controls add 50+ UI controls for developers to develop mobile HarmonyOS applications. The number of developers participating in Harmony development projects currently exceeds 100,000. In addition, Wang Chenglu, president of Huawei’s consumer business software department, said that Midea, Joyoung, Boss Electronics, and Puffin Technology are now equipped with Hongmeng OS this year. The goal in 2021 is to cover more than 100 million devices from 40+ mainstream brands.
[Introduction to HarmonyOS 2.0]
The HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile phone developer Beta version improves the following features:
- 15000 + APIs (support the development of mobile phone/PAD, large screen, wearable, car, and machine applications)
- Distributed application framework
- Distributed UI controls
- DevEco Studio 2.0 Beta3
Harmony OS 2.0 Mobile developer beta main features
- Brand new mobile phone UI controls, adding 50+ UI controls for developers to develop mobile HarmonyOS applications. It also unifies the UI interaction experience of multiple devices.
- The HarmonyOS application framework supports mobile phones and rapid migration. It also supports swift connection and circulation. There is a no-installation loading of HarmonyOS applications on multiple devices.
- Provides Windows and Mac platform development and compilation toolchain experience. This is also convenient for developers to quickly develop HarmonyOS applications.
- Provides 40+ Sample Codes for mobile developers. This is convenient for developers to quickly understand and adapt to HarmonyOS interfaces and development methods.
- Distributed capability interfaces such as multi-modal perception support multiple usage scenarios.
- Also offers a standard input method framework and capabilities
- Provide standardized telephone system interface capabilities.
- Also uses a barrier-free development framework
- Provides standardized distributed data management capabilities. Developers can also call standardized distributed DB interfaces to realize real-time data synchronization between devices.
- Enhance the account system capabilities. It also includes accountless devices into the HarmonyOS system.
Technically, Harmony OS is just a change in the bottom layer of Huawei’s previous system. This means that Android + EMUI will now work as Harmony OS2.0 + EMUI. According to Huawei’s official website, users on the HarmonyOS Beta version can roll back to the EMUI 11 stable version. This can be done using Huawei Mobile Assistant (HMA).