There have not been many reports about Meizu in recent times. This is because the company only released the Meizu 17 series (Meizu 17 and Meizu 17 Pro) this year. According to a recent Weibo post from Meizu Flyme, the Meizu 17 series will commence Android 11 testing this month. Specifically, the Flyme system on top of Android 11 close beta recruitment will commence on December 23rd. Furthermore, the open beta will be available in the spring of 2021.
Meizu 17 series has since now pushed the Flyme8 stable version. This update comes with MEMC dynamic compensation technology and GPU driver update strategy.
The Meizu 17 series was officially released in May this year. The series has two smartphones and they both come with a Super AMOLED display. These phones also use Snapdragon 865 + UFS 3.1 storage solution. Meizu 17 has a built-in 4500mAh battery, supports 30W fast charging, and has a 64MP main sensor in a quad rear camera setup. The Meizu 17 Pro uses a ceramic body design, comes with standard LPDDR5 memory, and supports 27W wireless and wireless reverse charging.
Meizu 17 and 17 Pro specifications
- 6.6-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1100nit (peak) / 700nit (Typ) brightness, 2000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 17 – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 17 Pro – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Flyme 8.1 based on Android 10
- 17 – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 8MP Samsung 4H7 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP depth of field lens with Sony IMX362 sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with Samsung 5E9 sensor, f/1.9 aperture
- 17 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 32MP Sony IMX616 129° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 3cm macro, 8MP OV08A10 telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 3x zoom, 3MP Samsung S5K33D ToF sensor with f/1.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual ultra linear speakers
- Dimensions: 160 x 77.2 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 199g / 219g (17 Pro)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 30W Super mCharge fast charging, 27W wireless fast charging for 17 Pro