Samsung Galaxy S10 is the world’s first smartphone to use Wi-Fi 6, which was launched two years ago. Last week, Samsung launched the world’s first mobile phone that supports the Wi-Fi 6E standard, the Galaxy S21 Ultra. This is also the only model in the Galaxy S21 series that supports Wi-Fi 6E.
The Wi-Fi 6E wireless standard uses the 6GHz spectrum to double the theoretical data transmission speed from 1.2Gbps to 2.4Gbps. Broadcom’s chips already support this standard. The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is equipped with Broadcom’s BCM4389 chip and also supports Bluetooth 5.0 as well as a faster Wi-Fi speed. If it is paired with a Wi-Fi 6E certified router, faster download and upload speeds can be achieved. Wi-Fi 6E will help you transfer 4K/8K videos, and download large files, or online games seamlessly.
As of now, only South Korea and the United States allow the use of the 6GHz spectrum. However, Brazil, Chile, Europe, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom are expected to open up 6GHz spectrum use this year. Both Exynos 2100 and the Snapdragon 888 version of the Galaxy S21 Ultra have Wi-Fi 6E capabilities, as well as 5G, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB 3.2 Type-C interfaces.
This smartphone comes with a Dynamic AMOLED 2X 6.8-inch screen (QHD + resolution). This device also supports an adaptive image refresh rate from 10 to 120 Hz. It is also the first Galaxy S smartphone to support the S Pen stylus, users will get the standard version of the electronic pen and the S Pen Pro with Bluetooth air gesture support will be available for purchase separately. The screen has Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection. Samsung has used a new ultrasonic fingerprint sensor for user recognition that has 1.7 times the area and responds faster.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G specifications
- 6.8-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Infinity-O-Edge Dynamic AMOLED Display, 515 PPI, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (10~120Hz), up to 1500 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2100 processor
- 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB/512GB storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- 108MP rear camera with ISOCELL HM3 sensor, LED Flash, OIS, f/1.8 aperture, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Telephoto lens for 3x zoom, OIS, 10MP Periscope lens for 10x zoom, 100x Space Zoom, Laser autofocus sensor, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 40MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water-resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 165.1 x 75.6 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 228g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.1, UWB, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 5000mAh battery with 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging