Apparently, Xiaomi Mi A3 will be the last smartphone of the brand, released under the Android One program running a stock version of Android, without the proprietary MIUI user interface. Given the usual refresh cycle of the smartphone line, the Mi A4 should have been presented for a long time.
After several attempts and a scandal with the destruction of smartphones, Xiaomi still managed to release a stable Android 11 firmware without critical failures and errors. Now the smartphone has received the Android 11 update with added features, improvements, fixes and so on.
According to the users, the latest update is “safe to install”. It brings the Android security update for January 2021 and the “native” screen recording function, which for some reason was previously not active on the Xiaomi Mi A3.
Gizchina News of the week
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the smartphone.
Xiaomi Mi A3 specifications
- 6.08-inch (1560 x 720 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED display with 102.7% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 156.48×71.85×8.47mm; Weight: 173.8g
- Splashproof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4030mAh (typical) / 3940mAh (minimum) battery with 18W Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging