Chinese manufacturer, Xiaomi, recently released a minor update for the Xiaomi Mi 11. This update is designate MIUI 12.0.22 and it is a stable update. This new update brings a fix for the “no response” issue with social apps pop-up windows, especially WeChat. It also fixes consistent application errors from the Android system.
In addition, it also takes care of the slide-freeze problem with the Xiaomi Mi 11. Users reported that in some Weibo scenarios, it is impossible to slide the Xiaomi Mi 11 display. This update takes care of the issue. Furthermore, it also takes care of freezes for some WeChat pages, no response of three-party applications in some scenes, and occasional crashes during QQ video calls. Looking at the fixes it brings, this is a minor update to improve its usability in social scenarios. The update basically fixes issues with social applications.
As we all know, the Xiaomi Mi 11 is the first smartphone to use the Snapdragon 888 SoC. This device hit the market on December 28th, 2020 and the demand has been very high. It comes with a 6.81-inch 2K quad-curved AMOLED screen. A previous update for the Xiaomi Mi 11 (MIUI 12.0.19 stable update) brings an automatic combo. This means that for fighting games, players can perform complex moves with one click.
Gizchina News of the week
The update also upgrades the camera of the Xiaomi Mi 11. It comes with optimization for the camera image quality and improves the overall shooting quality. In mid-January, the company released the internal beta update which tackles the issue of an abnormal restart of the virtual AB partition, which caused the OTA startup to fail.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1500nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB 3200MHz LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3x 74.6 x 8.06mm (glass)/8.56mm (leather); Weight: 196g (glass) / 194g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) / 4500mAh (Minimum) battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging