At the ongoing MWC2021 in Shanghai, Huawei showcased the Huawei Mate X2 flagship mobile phone. Now, we have some real images of the clear ice crystal blue version of this device. Yesterday, Huawei officially released the Mate X2. This device uses an 8:7.1 flexible inner screen, covered with the industry’s first magnetron nano-optical film. Furthermore, it also has a 6.45-inch outer screen. The inner and outer screens have dual high refresh rates and P3 wide color gamut.
Huawei Mate X2 external screen adopts a 21:9 mainstream display ratio, narrower frame, and larger display area. When the inner screen is in split-screen mode, the displayable area of the application can be as high as 100%.
Huawei Mate X2’s innovative dual-wedge-shaped integrated design, with a sharp and slim appearance, contains a center of gravity offset design. The center of gravity is cleverly at the balance point when holding with one hand.
Huawei Mate X2 also has a super-sensing Leica quad camera, a 1/1.28-inch RYYB sensor, 100x binocular zoom, 2.5cm super macro. It further comes with the Kirin 9000 chip and brings a 5G dual card experience. This smartphone also comes with slim / large-amplitude dual speakers and supports the 55W Huawei super fast charge.
Gizchina News of the week
According to reports, the Huawei Mate X2 uses a unique dual-rotating water-drop hinge. The hinge system uses a variety of high-precision materials and processes, and for the first time the introduction of super-strong steel materials, while adding carbon fiber composite materials and zirconium-based liquid metal to ensure minimal bending marks.
The Huawei Mate X2 comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB/512GB of internal storage. While the 256GB version costs 17,999 yuan ($2,785), the 512GB model sells for 18,999 yuan ($2,939). This device will be official on February 25th.
HUAWEI Mate X2 specifications
- 6.45-inch (2700 x 1160 pixels) flexible OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate outer display, 8-inch (2480 x 2200 pixels) OLED 8:7.1 display with 90Hz refresh rate when unfolded, DCI-P3 color gamut
- HUAWEI Kirin 9000 5G (1 x Cortex-A77 3.13 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A77 2.54 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 2.05 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G78 MP24 GPU,Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB / 512GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 11, HMS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 16MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, 8MP periscope telephoto camera with 10X zoom, up to 100x digital zoom, OIS
- 16MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual Speakers
- Dimensions: 161.8 x 74.6 (145.8 unfolded) x 4.4 mm to 8.2 mm (unfolded) 13.6 to 14.7 mm (folded); Weight: 295g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual-band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4500mAh (2250mAh x 2 ) battery with 55W SuperCharge