If you remember, Samsung recently introduced a very solid smartphone with a 7000 mAh battery – the Galaxy F62. This model entered the Indian market. Everyone who liked this device can calmly breathe out: Samsung intends to present a global version of this smartphone in early March.
Galaxy M62: Samsung will soon unveil a global version of the Galaxy F62
According to preliminary data, the device will be sold under the name Samsung Galaxy M62. We are really more accustomed to seeing huge battery smartphones from the “M” series. According to reports, the smartphones will be completely identical, only the global version will be without a green variant.
Recall that the smartphone is running the Exynos 9825 SoC, which was in the flagship Galaxy Note 10. It has a large 6.7-inch FHD + AMOLED display. It comes with 6/8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal memory, as well as a 64MP + 12MP + 5MP + 5MP quad camera.
The price of the version for the Indian market is now around $330. The global version could be announced as early as March 3.
Samsung Galaxy F62 specifications
- 6.7-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-O Super AMOLED Plus 20:9 display with up to 420 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9825 7nm processor (Max. 2.7 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.9 GHz) with Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB Storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX682 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 12MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Pay
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 76.3×163.9×9.5mm: Weight: 218g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 7000mAh battery with 25W fast charging
IDC: The smartphone market has returned to growth
Experts of the analytical company IDC summed up the results of the fourth quarter of 2020 and the whole year in general on the smartphone market. As stated in the corresponding report, the smartphone market returned to growth. Sales in the fourth quarter of 2020 were 385.9 million units, which is 4.3% more than smartphones sold in the fourth quarter of 2019. At the same time, for the entire 2020, smartphones were sold 5.9% less than in 2019.
At the end of the fourth quarter of 2020, Apple was named the market leader. It was able to increase sales in annual terms, that is, in comparison with the same quarter of the previous year, by 22.2% – from 73.8 to 90.1 million devices. This led to an increase in Apple’s share from 19.9% to 23.4%. The second place is occupied by Samsung, which in annual terms increased sales by 6.2%, as a result of which its share increased from 18.8% to 19.1%. The third belongs to Xiaomi. Its share increased from 8.9% to 11.2%. The top five also include Oppo and Huawei. Also, The share of Oppo increased from 8.3% to 8.8%. The share of Huawei decreased from 15.2% to 8.4%.
As for 2020 as a whole, Samsung remained the leader with 20.6% of the market. Apple is in second place with 15.9%. The share of Huawei, which is in third place at the end of 2020, is 14.6%. The fourth-place belongs to Xiaomi, whose share is 11.4%, the fifth – to Vivo, whose share is 8.6%. In 2019, Samsung’s share was 21.6%, Apple’s 13.9%. Huawei – 17.5%, Xiaomi – 9.2%, Vivo – 8.0%.