Lenovo today unveiled the second generation of its gaming smartphone, the Lenovo Legion 2 Pro. In order for the smartphone to be guaranteed to help bend enemies and rivals in games, they offered powerful hardware, an advanced cooling system, a good display, a capacious battery, with an excess of RAM and good sound. The smartphone will be sold not only in China, but also in Europe.
Lenovo Legion 2 Pro runs on the Snapdragon 888 platform, and to keep it cool during long gaming sessions, it received a cooling system that includes a couple of turbines with independent air ducts. It is such a sophisticated cooling system that dictates the unusual design that the smartphone received. And so that you understand that the new product has no equal in power, here is its result in AnTuTu – 855,004 points.
On the back, there is a special ledge where the coolers are located. The declared working resource is 50 thousand hours, and the maximum noise level is no more than 24.8 dB. There are also three sensors for the main camera with an LED flash: 64 Mp + 16 Mp (depth) + 2 Mp (macro).
Lenovo Legion 2 Pro
Among the features of the smartphone is the 144-Hz AMOLED display with a diagonal of 6.92 inches. Its resolution is FullHD +, there is support for HDR10 +, DC Dimming, the response rate is 720 Hz and the peak brightness level is 1300nits. The display does not have any cutouts for the front-facing camera, because the same technique was in use here as with its predecessor – the camera is retractable to the right side and its resolution is 44 megapixels.
The Lenovo Legion 2 Pro has a 5500mAh battery and supports 90W fast charging (45W for each of the two USB Type-C ports). It will take half an hour to charge. To make the gameplay as comfortable and fast as possible, six controls were available at once: four ultrasonic keys on the side edge and two touch-sensitive keys on the rear panel. Throw in a couple of inline vibrators for great tactile feedback. The smartphone weighs an impressive 262 grams, and its thickness is 10.32 mm. Stereo speakers in place, LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 flash drive.
Lenovo Legion 2 Pro is available in five variants, where the younger one with 8/128 GB is costs $565. The version with 12/128 GB will cost $626, for versions with 12/256 GB and 16/256 GB they asked for $672 and $809. For maximalists, there is a variant with 16/512 GB and you will have to pay $916 for it.
Lenovo Legion 2 Pro specifications
- 6.92-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz AMOLED HDR display with DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10+, DC dimming
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with ZUI 12.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with dual LED flash, 16MP ultra-wide camera with macro shooting option, Audio Zoom, 8k video recording
- 44MP pop-up front camera, 4k video recording
- USB Type-C audio, 1.66cc dual speakers, 4 microphones
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Multicolour rear LED, Dual Ultrasonic gaming sensors
- Dimensions: 176 x 78.5 x10.32mm; Weight: 262g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax 2x2MIMO, MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, QZSS(L1+L5), 2 x USB Type-C, NFC
- 5500mAh battery with 90W fast charging