Let’s be honest, the expectations of the solidity of the Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold case will at least be overestimated. Anything can break if desired. Not to mention a folding device consisting of two halves connected by a hinge. So what is the mechanical strength resource of the hinge and the flexible panel?
The company decided to hold a public stress test for the Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold. Online, it will be continuously folded and unfolded. This will be in order to confirm the reliability and durability of the foldable mobile phone case. A special robotic installation will fold the Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold every 1.6 seconds continuously for 24 hours for 7 days.
The company itself declares that the design of the smartphone was created in such a way as to guarantee at least 10 years of operation or 1 million unfolding/folding cycles. If we assume that the user will fold and unfold the Xiaomi Mix Fold up to 100 times daily, then in ten years 365 thousand folds/unfolds will come up. It turns out that the service life of the hinge mechanism is designed for almost thirty years.
Last month, Xiaomi presented the Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold smartphone officially, and here is a reminder of its specifications:
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate; 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0