Today, Xiaomi officially the Redmi K40 gaming version. This smartphone is the maiden gaming device from the Chinese manufacturer. This smartphone comes with a Dimensity 1200 gaming chip as well as a huge 5065 mAh battery that supports 67W fast charging. Despite the huge battery, the device is only 8.3mm thick. Furthermore, as a gaming smartphone, it comes with an aerospace liquid-cooled three-dimensional heat dissipation system. The 6.67 OLED flexible flat screen supports a 120Hz refresh rate and a very high touch sampling rate.
Despite all these features, the Redmi K40 gaming version has a 1999 yuan ($308)) starting price. To further enhance its gaming performance, this device uses a dual magnetic gaming trigger. This smartphone has a full range of gaming customization in terms of performance, heat dissipation, screen, charging, and gaming experience. This device also comes with JBL stereo dual speakers, Dolby Atmos, etc.
Considering all these specs and the price tag of this phone, it is very attractive. The first presale of this device says a lot about its competitiveness. A few seconds after the commencement of the presale for this device, it completely sold out. Lu Weibing, vice president of Xiaomi Group, and general manager of the Redmi brand said that the Redmi K40 gaming version is out-of-stock. However, there will be new stocks for the sale at 10 o’clock on April 30.
Redmi K40 Gaming Version specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 500 nits (typical brightness), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Up to 3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.65 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP tele-macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, JBL Audio quality certification, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.94x 76.93 x 8.3mm; Weight: 205g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,065mAh (Typical) battery with 66W fast charging
Lu Weibing, vice president of Xiaomi Group and general manager of the Redmi brand, said that “the spirit of Bruce Lee is also the spirit of Redmi making products”. He claims that the “enemy” is stronger but Redmi is the strongest.