Harmony OS Will Be Used By At Least Three Smartphone Manufacturers

Huawei Harmony OS

Undoubtedly, Huawei’s Harmony OS is one of the most-discussed systems on the planet. It is going to make a tough competition not only to Android but also to iOS. Recently, the company held the Huawei Harmony OS Connect Partner Summit. At the meeting, the manufacturer officially announced the Harmony OS Connect brand upgrade plan. It will comprehensively upgrade the two major brands of “HUAWEI HiLink” and “Powered by HarmonyOS” to “HarmonyOS Connect”.

Harmony OS

At the event, Yang Haisong, vice president of Huawei’s Consumer Business AI and Smart Full Scenario Business Department, said that the Harmony is a completely open source system. Moreover, it can run on any device with a 128MB-4GB memory.

In other words, this system will be available on large screen products, smartwatches, cars accessories, and other equipment. At the same time, Yang Haisong also said that three smartphone manufacturers will use the Harmony system.

Gizchina News of the week

Also Read: Will Non-Huawei Smartphones Use Harmony OS?

Another Huawei executive, Huawei’s rotating chairman Xu Zhijun said that by the end of this year, at least 300 million devices will be running on Harmony OS, of which 200 million will be Huawei’s equipment.

The Biggest Problem Of Huawei’s Harmony OS

According to Yang Haisong, the biggest challenge of the Harmony system is the gap between time and scale. It has had only one to two years for China’s Internet of Everything software platform or the ability to build an ecosystem.

‘The development of the operating system is only a drop in the bucket, and the completion rate is only 1%. The remaining 99% are how many industry partners are willing to adopt your platform.’ Yang Haisong said: ‘Huawei needs one or two years to complete the road of 5-7 years for others.’

Read Also:  Honor 80 Pro confirmed with all-new 160MP camera

In other words, it will take Huawei a year or two to complete the ecological construction of the Harmony system. This is a challenge for Huawei.

If other smartphone manufacturers also participate, the ecological problems of the Harmony system will be resolved soon.

A Weibo blogger reported today that Huawei Harmony OS 2.0 will be officially released to the world on June 2 this year. Currently, there are more than 200 mainstream mobile apps supporting Harmony OS. It is worth mentioning that Huawei will release a variety of new products on June 2. Most of them (or all) will run the Harmony system out of the box.

Previous DIZO: Realme will have its own sub-brand
Next The new iMac and iPad will be on the shelves this Friday