Today, Apple released the official version update of iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6. The version number is 18F72.
iOS 14.6 / iPadOS 14.6 laid the foundation for Apple Music’s new features, including Dolby Atmos (Spatial Audio) and lossless audio. It ought to provide support in June this year.
Apple said that spatial audio will provide an immersive audio experience, while lossless audio will provide higher quality music. At the time of release, thousands of tracks will support spatial audio, and over 20,000 songs will support lossless audio. By the end of this year, 75 million songs will support lossless audio.
For AirTags, the beta version adds a new feature that allows users to enter an email address as a contact method in Lost Mode instead of a phone number. In iOS 14.5, there is no option to use email, and Apple only allows the use of phone numbers.
iOS 14.6 will launch the Apple Podcast subscription service for the first time. This service was first announced at the Apple conference in April.
iOS 14.6 official version update content:
Apple Card Family
- Now, Apple Card can be shared with up to five people, including anyone 13 or older in the user’s family sharing group.
- Apple Card Family supports family tracking expenditures, and establishes credit together with optional limits and control management expenditures.
Support for subscribing to channels and individual programs.
AirTag and “Find My”
New option in Lost Mode allows you to add email addresses instead of phone numbers for AirTag and “Find” network accessories.
The phone number of the owner displayed when the AirTag is touched with a device that supports the NFC function will be partially hidden.
“Voice Control” users can unlock the restarted iPhone for the first time using only their voice.
Also Read: Apple iOS 14.6/iPadOS 14.6 Developer Preview/Beta 3 Released
This update also fixes the following issues:
- After using “Lock iPhone” on the Apple Watch, “Unlock with Apple Watch” may not work.
- Reminders may appear as blank lines.
- Call blocking extension may not be displayed in “Settings”.
- During a call, the Bluetooth device may sometimes disconnect or send audio to other devices.
- iPhone may experience slow performance during startup.
To learn about the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: