There have been rumors and speculations regarding the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S21 FE (fan edition). So far, the report claims that this device will not be like the average fan edition. This device is supposed to be the successor of the Galaxy S20 FE. However, there are reports that it looks more like the successor of the Note series. The latest information on the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE is the price. According to the Korean Herald, the price of this device will be between 700,000 won ($629) and 800,000 won ($719) excluding tax. If this is true, then the Galaxy S21 FE is much cheaper than the Galaxy S20 with an 899,800 won ($809) price tag.
As we all know, Samsung’s “fan version” positioning is similar to a “semi-flagship”. It has a flagship phone’s functional design while greatly reducing the price. Samsung released the “Galaxy S20 FE” version of the S series for the first time last year. The Galaxy S20 FE is quite popular in North America and Southeast Asia. The global sales volume hit 2 million units within one month of listing and this was a huge surprise even for Samsung.
Looking at the previous renders of this device, it has a similar design to the Galaxy S21. The frame of the smartphone is slightly protruding, and there is an abrupt edge between the side frame. Furthermore, the Galaxy S21 adopts a “Contour Cut” design such that there is a perfect connection between the side frame and the lens.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE speculation
The speculations so far claim that this device will come with a 6.4-inch punch-hole display. This means that the screen size is between the Galaxy S21 (6.2 inches) and Galaxy S21 Plus (6.7 inches). It is expected to be equipped with 6GB / 8GB RAM and 128GB / 256GB storage. It will also come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chip and will support 25W fast charge.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE specifications
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ (2400 × 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-O Display, 407 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 8GB RAM (LPDDR5), 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 79˚ FOV, OIS, 8MP Telephoto lens with 32° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 3X Optical Zoom, Up to 30x Super Resolution Zoom, 12MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Surround sound with Dolby Atmos
- Optical Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 74.5 x 159.8 x 8.4mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (typical) with 25W fast charging, WPC Qi wireless fast charging, Wireless PowerShare