The Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold, the company’s first and only foldable smartphone has been on the market for some weeks now. At the Chinese annual 618 event, there is usually a plethora of discounts and coupons. Today, Xiaomi officially announced that the Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold has a huge promotion on JD.com. You can get a discount of up to 1,400 yuan ($217). The starting price of the 12GB + 256GB model is now 8599 yuan ($1,335). Obviously, this deal will only be active for a limited period.
The Xiaomi MI MIX Fold is the world’s first smartphone to use Xiaomi’s self-developed surging C1 chip. This chip is a professional imaging chip. According to Xiaomi’s official description, C1 can greatly improve the performance of 3A through self-developed algorithms. 3A actually stands for AF autofocus, AWB white balance, and AE auto exposure.
Gizchina News of the week
Furthermore, this foldable smartphone is also the world’s first device to use a liquid lens with new bionic technology. This technology mimicks the “human eye lens”. The flowable liquid is wrapped in a film to replace the traditional optical lens. In this way, a single lens can achieve both telephoto and macro functions at the same time.
In the core configuration, the Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD has an 8.01-inch large screen. This device also comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 flagship processor, a battery of 5020 mAh, and supports 67W flash charging.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate, 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0