According to Lu Weibing, president of Xiaomi Group China and general manager of the Redmi brand, the team is discussing a next-generation product. Actually, the discussion is on the successor to the Redmi K40 gaming version. Of course, we expect this smartphone to be the Redmi K50 gaming version. This device is obviously in the early stages of development. As of now, the company is still asking fans what they expect from this device.
For the new gaming phone, netizens are calling for the use of Qualcomm Snapdragon processors. We know that the current Redmi K40 gaming version uses the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 flagship chip.
According to Lu Weibing, the Dimensity 1200 is actually very good in practical measurement. This chip comes with better power consumption and energy efficiency. Lu Weibing believes that the chip makes the game function get a better experience. Furthermore, the Dimensity 1200 comes with a full upgrade in 5G, AI, and multimedia. There is no doubt that among the many flagship chips in 2021, the Dimensity 1200 is in the first echelon and has outstanding performance.
Gizchina News of the week
It is worth noting that the Redmi K40 series also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon version. While the Redmi K40 uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 processor, the K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ use the Snapdragon 888 processor.
As of now, there is no speculation or official information regarding the Redmi K50 gaming version. However, we know that the company has it in its plans and we will be getting more information about this upcoming smartphone pretty soon. Which feature will you like to see on the Redmi K50 gaming version? Let us know in the comment section below
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 500 nits (typical brightness), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Up to 3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.65 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, JBL Audio quality certification, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.94x 76.93 x 8.3mm; Weight: 205g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,065mAh (Typical) battery with 66W fast charging
Featured Image: Redmi K40 Gaming Edition