It has been nearly seven years since Apple launched the record-breaking iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. It is only now that the company’s iPhone 12 series has reached a new shipment milestone, tying the achievements of the first two models. According to the latest data report, Apple’s flagship mobile phone products have shipped more than 100 million units worldwide. The iPhone 12 series achieved this milestone in just seven months. This record is equivalent to the record held many years ago.
According to data from Counterpoint Research, Apple’s iPhone 12 series has sold more than 100 million units. This is the first iPhone supercycle since the iPhone 6, which is a wave of massive replacements. Actually, the iPhone 12 series exceeded the 100 million units mark in April this year. This shows that the goal was achieved within 7 months of the device’s release. The iPhone 11, released in 2019, had a sales volume of over 100 million and took 9 months. The iPhone 6 that year was less than 7 months old, with sales exceeding 100 million. That year, the high sales volume of the iPhone 6 was due to the larger screen. This time, on iPhone 12, consumers mainly value new features such as 5G network and OLED screen.
Gizchina News of the week
Counterpoint Research also said that during the release of the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 series, customer preferences have changed. Among the latest products, the largest model iPhone 12 Pro Max is the first choice. It has accumulated a 29% market share, while the iPhone 11 Pro Max has a 25% market share.
Since the iPhone 12 Pro Max starts at US$1,099, the higher shipment volume of this model means that the company’s revenue will increase and contribute to the super cycle of revenue.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max specifications
- 6.7-inch (2778×1284 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- 128GB,256GB and 512GB storage options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, 1.7μm pixel size, Sensor-shift optical image stabilisation, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.2 aperture with 2.5x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out, 5x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 12x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- Dimensions: 160.8 ×78.1×7.4mm; Weight: 226grams
- Stereo speakers
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 20 hours of video playback