Xiaomi unveiled the Redmi K40 back in March this year. This smartphone is so popular and it is hardly on the shelf. According to reports, since the launch of this device, it has been been in short supply. According to Redmi, the Redmi K40 series sold more than 1 million units in just 23 days. A recent report shows that Jingdong Mall is now offering the Redmi K40 12GB + 256GB version with a decent discount. The latest listing shows that this device is available with a 138 yuan ($21) price cut. This takes the price of this device to 2361 yuan ($364). The price of this flagship smartphone is still very competitive.
The price cut may not be massive but may just make this device purchasable for some buyers. Unfortunately, only Chinese buyers can have access to this discount. However, if you are outside China but have access to Jindong Mall, you can also benefit from this discount. The Redmi K40 is available in four models. It has the 6GB+128GB, 8GB+128GB, 8GB+256GB and 12GB+256GB versions. As a flagship product, one of the biggest features of the Redmi K40 series is its excellent display.
The Redmi K40 series comes with a 6.67-inch Samsung E4 AMOLED straight screen. The peak screen brightness reaches 1300 nits, 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, front, and rear dual light perception, and other parameters. In the core configuration, the standard version of K40 comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 chip, while K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ use the Snapdragon 888 chip. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC is a small upgrade of last year’s flagship, Snapdragon 865. The main camera on the rear is 48MP and this device support 33W fast charging.
Redmi K40 / K40 Pro / K40 Pro+ specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- K40 – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- K40 Pro & Pro+ – Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11, MIUI 12.5 coming soon
- Redmi K40 – 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- K40 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- K40 Pro+ – 108MP rear camera with 1/1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA (Dual SIM in Pro),Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (Wi-Fi 6E in pro), Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging