Yesterday, Samsung officially released the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 and extended its foldable smartphone lineup. According to the launch notes, this device supports the S-Pen stylus. This is Samsung’s first foldable smartphone that supports the S-Pen. The S-Pen used to be a Note series feature until it recently launched with the Galaxy S21 series. However, it is important to note that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 does not come with a regular S-Pen. This foldable smartphone comes with a dedicated S-Pen. Furthermore, the company stated that the regular S-Pen will damage the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3.
It appears that subsequent Samsung foldable smartphones will also support S-Pen. This is because the company noted that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 only supports the S-Pen foldable smartphone version. This means that other upcoming smartphones will use a similar S-Pen.
The S-Pen foldable smartphone version and S-Pen Pro support “Pro Tips”. The nib is softer and has the capacity to stretch. This prevents the foldable smartphone from damaging if users apply too much force.
Gizchina News of the week
The stylus of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 needs to be purchased separately at a price of $49.99. The price of the S Pen Pro is $99.99. At present, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 has been pre-sale on Samsung’s official website. The price of this device is €1,799 in Europe.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G specifications
- 7.3-inch (2208 x 1768 pixels) QXGA+ 22.5:18 Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 374ppi, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 900 nits(HBM), 1200 nits(peak)
- 6.2-inch (2268 x 832 pixels) 24.5:9) HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Cover Display, 387ppi, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 1000 nits(HBM), 1500 nits(peak), Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Super clear glass with Corning Gorilla Glass with DX
- 10MP cover front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 4MP Under display camera with f/1.8 aperture
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Water-resistant (IPX8)
- Dimensions Folded: 67.1 x 158.2 x 16.0mm(Hinge) ~ 14.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded: 128.1 x 158.2 x 6.4mm; Weight: 271g
- 5G SA/NSA, Sub6 / mmWave, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 6E (2.4/5GHz), HE160, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5.2 LE, Ultra Wide Band, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4400mAh battery with 25W wired and 10W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging