Next week, the premiere of the Realme GT Neo 2 smartphone will take place, which will be a continuation of the successful realme GT Neo. In addition to insiders, the company itself talks about the new product, which today boasted of what kind of display it will receive.
It will be Samsung’s E4 flat AMOLED panel with a peak brightness of 1300nits. Its diagonal will be 6.62 inches and FullHD + resolution, and the refresh rate will be 120 Hz. It will be an adaptive panel capable of adjusting the hertz pattern to the content that the user see. The refresh rate will vary from 30 Hz to 120 Hz.
It is also important that the Realme GT Neo 2 will offer support for the DC Dimming function, which can reduce the negative effect of PWM on the eyes. Among the screen chips, 10240 degrees of brightness is available for fine-tuning the display for ambient lighting.
In addition, it is known that Realme GT Neo 2 will receive a display fingerprint scanner, a Snapdragon 870 chipset (Dimensity 1200 in another version), up to 12 GB of RAM and up to 512 GB of storage, a 5000 mAh battery and 65 W fast charging. An innovative cooling system, a 16MP selfie module and a triple rear camera of 64MP + 8MP (ultra-wide) + 2MP are promised.
realme GT Neo 2 rumoured specifications
- 6.62-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz AMOLED display
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide sensor, 2MP macro camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 162.9×75.8×8.6mm; Weight: 199.8g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/GLONASS/Navic/QZSS/Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4930mAh (minimum) battery with 65W ultra-fast flash charging
Usually, the Realme brand releases two smartphones of the numbered series annually – this has become a tradition since the inception of the brand. In 2018, Realme 1 and 2 came out, in 2019 – Realme 3 and 5; in the past year – Realme 6 and 7. However, an exception to the rule wil be this year.
So, the company has already released Realme 8; but it’s not worth waiting for the ninth model until the end of 2021. The head of Realme in India and Europe, Madhav Sheth, told reporters that the global shortage of chips has caused the release of the new model to be delayed.