Every year after the new iPhone is released on the market, a project that many netizens look forward to most is the material cost of the new phone. Now let’s get a feel for it. Third-party disassembling agency, iFixit, sent out an iPhone 13 Pro cost analysis. Of course, it is just an analysis and may not represent the true situation. This is because the full production cost will be difficult to calculate. The entire production cost will include Apple’s design, transportation, processing, and even marketing. However, iFixit costs look at only the material cost. That is the cost of the hardware on the new iPhone 13 Pro.
Judging from the data from iFixit, the total material cost of the iPhone 13 Pro is $570. This is a few dollars more expensive than the material cost of the iPhone 12 Pro which is about $549. In contrast, the material cost of the flagship Samsung Galaxy S21+ is $508.
The iPhone 13 Pro cost between $999 and $1,900 depending on the region that you are purchasing the smartphone. This device is cheapest in places like the U.S., Hong Kong, Japan, UAE, etc where it costs between $999 and $1200. However, in regions like Turkey, Brazil, India, Hungary, Denmark, etc, this device cost between $1,400 and $1,900. The differences in price are usually a result of taxes and internal laws in the regions.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max specifications
- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion with adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz, 1000 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 5‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 128GB,256GB, 512GB and 1TB storage options
- iOS 15
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.5) camera, 7P lens, Sensor‑shift optical image stabilisation, True Tone flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision at 4K 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/1.8) camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.8 aperture with 3x optical zoom for a total 6x optical zoom range, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- Dimensions: 146.7 ×71.5×7.65mm; Weight: 203grams
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 22 hours