The stable version of Windows 11 is now officially available for download. While computers running the new version of Microsoft’s OS will be released later today, the company already allows updating the compatible Windows 10 devices since yesterday. The new OS was supposed to be released only on October 5, so, formally, the release took place a day earlier.
So, if you recently purchased a Windows 10 PC, you can most likely upgrade to Windows 11 right now. Recall that Microsoft decided to deploy the new operating system in stages, so not all Windows 11 compatible devices will get the update today. Microsoft previously stated,” We expect all eligible Windows 10 devices to be offered an upgrade to Windows 11 by mid-2022 .” In other words, some users will have to wait more than six months for the update.
You can check if an upgrade to Windows 11 is available for your computer in Windows Update, which can be found in Windows 10 settings. You can also skip your turn and upgrade immediately using Microsoft’s new Installation Assistant(Download). Another option is to create a Windows 11 installation media or download an ISO image of the new operating system.
Recall that Windows 11 has an updated interface and “Start” menu, widgets, built-in Microsoft Teams and an improved Microsoft Store. This is just a small part of the innovations in the new operating system.
Soon, new Microsoft Surface devices with pre-installed Windows 11, as well as new PCs and laptops from ASUS, Lenovo and HP will be on sale. Other PC makers such as Acer, Dell, and Samsung will also release Windows 11 devices later.
Gizchina News of the week
Update to Windows 11 using Windows 11 Installation Assistant
This assistant is for those who wish to:
- Upgrade a Windows 10 PC to Windows11.
Before you begin, check to see if the following conditions apply to you:
- You have a Windows 10 license.
- Your PC must have Windows 10, version 2004 or higher installed to run Installation Assistant.
- Your PC meets the Windows11 device specifications for upgrade requirements and supported features. Certain features require additional hardware. We also recommend that you visit your PC’s manufacturer’s website for information about updated drivers and hardware compatibility.
- Your PC must have 9 GB of free disk space to download Windows11.
After you download the Installation Assistant:
- Select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
- Once the tool confirms the device hardware is compatible, you will be presented with the license terms. Select Accept and Install.
- Once the tool is ready, click the Restart Now button to complete installation on your computer.
- It might take some time to install Windows11, and your PC will restart a few times. Make sure you don’t turn off your PC.