The line of the Vivo sub-brand has been replenished with another device – iQOO Z5x. This is a mid-range device that offers a high hertz display, a large battery and one of the new chips from MediaTek.
It has a 6.58-inch iQOO Z5x display with a resolution of 2400×1080 pixels. The refresh rate is 120 Hz, and the response rate of the touch is 240 Hz. There is an 8-megapixel selfie module and a main camera with two 50 MP + 2 MP image sensors.
The hardware base of the iQOO Z5x is a 6-nanometer Dimensity 900 chipset coupled with 8 GB of RAM. The smartphone has a 128/256 GB flash drive, a 5000 mAh battery with 44-watt fast charging and a fingerprint scanner on the side. They offered support for two SIM cards, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, a USB Type-C port, a liquid cooling system and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. The smartphone works under the control of the Android 11 operating system with the iQOO UI shell.
Acceptance of pre-orders in China starts today and a choice of three variants with 6/128 GB, 8/128 GB and 8/256 GB of memory at the price of $ 235, $ 250 and $ 282, respectively.
Gizchina News of the week
iQOO Z5x specifications
- 6.58-inch (2408 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz LCD screen, HDR10, DCI-P3 color gamut, up to 650 nits brightness Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 900 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDD4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDD4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 11 with Origin OS 1.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP macro camera with
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 163.95×75.30×8.50mm; Weight: 189g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 44W fast charging
iQOO could split from vivo and become a smartphone brand in its own right
The iQOO brand, according to knowledgeable network sources; may separate from the Chinese company Vivo and become fully independent in the first half of next year.
Vivo announced the iQOO brand in January 2019. Since then, this brand has developed dynamically, releasing smartphones with an attractive performance-to-price ratio. At present, iQOO does not, in fact, need help from the parent company.
Therefore, next year iQOO will leave Vivo and will be directly controlled by the Chinese group BBK Electronics that owns the trademarks Oppo, OnePlus, Vivo and Realme.
Also, according to reports, iQOO is preparing new Z5x and Neo series devices with a Snapdragon 888 processor. The official presentation of these models will take place next month.
In addition, Vivo itself will announce the first smartphone of the new T-Series family by the end of this year. It will debut in early November and will cost between $ 310 and $ 390.