Chinese manufacturer, Oppo, officially announced the Oppo K9s earlier today after a series of leaks. This smartphone is technically for the Chinese 11.11 sales and its starting price is 1499 yuan ($234). The Oppo K9s actually two models. The regular model comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. In addition, the high version uses 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. These smartphones are available in Obsidian Black, Neon Silver, and Magic Purple colour options. The 6GB + 128GB option costs 1699 yuan ($265) while the 8GB + 128GB version sells for 1899 yuan ($297). These smartphones are already available for pre-order in China from today. Those who will partake in the pre-order will get a 200 yuan ($31) discount. The first official sales will take place in China from November 1st.
The Oppo K9s uses a 120Hz high refresh screen and it comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G processor. Furthermore, this device comes with a 64MP AI main camera in its triple camera setup. This setup also has an 8MP super wide-angle and 2MP macro cameras. Under the hood, this device has a huge 5000 mAh battery that supports 30W smart flash charging.
It is worth noting that Oppo K9s is equipped with a flagship X-axis linear motor, which is comparable to the crisp vibration of a mechanical keyboard, making typing a pleasure. When playing “Peace Elite”, you can also get feedback vibrations (different intensity) in real-time according to different guns and vehicles. This brings an immersive experience to 4D gaming.
In addition, Oppo K9s uses graphite sheets up to 0.15mm thick for the first time. This increases the heat flux by about 50% and effectively reduces the diffusion thermal resistance. Simply put, this makes the heat dissipation of this smartphone better. This smartphone compounds seven kinds of high thermal conductivity materials to dissipate heat, covering 100% of the core heat source.
Oppo K9s specifications
- 6.59-inch (24123×1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut, Panda glass protection
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage
- Android 11 with ColorOS 11.2
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera with f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 164.43× 75.88×8.52mm; Weight:199g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4880mAh (minimum) battery with 30W fast charging