Today, MIUI officially announced a major version update for the Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold. According to the company, the full push of this update will be complete by the end of the month. This update comes with a lot of new features and optimizations. Xiaomi will apply its experience in tablet systems to the MIX FOLD. The update solves a large number of application adaptation, dual-screen connection problems, optimizes the PC mode, and adds MIUI+ cross-screen collaboration and other functions.
Not only will the basic experience be greatly improved, the large screen can also be used more efficiently. Shortly after the official announcement, Vice President, Chang Cheng of Xiaomi Group revealed three main points of this update
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold update spoiler
- The basic experience is greatly improved, smoother, and more stable: Internal screen/external screen, the desktop is the same. The inner screen adjusts the App position, and the outer screen automatically adjusts accordingly. Comprehensively incorporate the enhancement and optimization items of MIUI12.5. WeChat can log in to the tablet mode, which greatly improves the experience.
- System App: Desktop layout/browser/game center, etc., many applications have been re-adapted and optimized for the foldable smartphone, including the PC mode that everyone likes.
- Three-party App compatible adaptation covers the Top 4000, adds MIUI+, etc.
Chang Cheng said that after a period of trial, the experience has improved greatly. He also claims that after upgrading, the experience will be as good as using a new smartphone.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate, 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0