Chinese manufacturing giant, Huawei, has been releasing the HarmonyOS update for its smartphones. Interestingly, even very old smartphones are also getting this update. According to users, the Huawei Mate 9 is now receiving the HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 update. This update weighs 0.92GB. The Huawei Mate 9 was released in December 2016 which means that it is about five years old.
Huawei Mate 9 HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 update changelog
The pure mode on the Huawei Mate 9 is active by default. This feature checks on malicious behaviour, security vulnerabilities, as well as privacy risks during applications installation. This is necessary to prevent the installation of risky applications. It also ensures the safety and purity of the operating system.
Adds support for camera and gallery applications. Users can slide up the application icon to generate a card, you can select the size of the card, drag to change the position, and transform your personalized desktop.
Optimize the display effect of some interfaces.
A new feedback assistant application is added to facilitate timely feedback from users. This update also optimizes the system stability of some scenes.
Gizchina News of the week
According to Wang Chenglu, president of Huawei’s Consumer BG, there are 157 million Huawei devices with HarmonyOS. In addition, there are over 60 million third-party devices that run on HarmonyOS. This means that the Harmony system currently has over 200 million devices in its ecosystem. Furthermore, Huawei has upgraded hundreds of models to HarmonyOS 2 in succession. In the near future, Huawei HarmonyOS 2 will also release this update to many old smartphones and tablets.
HarmonyOS 2 adaptation history
Huawei officially released the HarmonyOS system on June 2nd. In the first week, by June 9, this system already had over 10 million users. In two weeks, this operating system had over 18 million users. After a month of upgrade, HarmonyOS had over 25 million users. Before the end of July, this figure increased to over 40 million. In less than two months, as of early August, this operating system had over 50 million users. As of August 30th, HarmonyOS had over 70 million active users. However, a few days later (September, 2nd), the company announced that it has over 90 million users.
Huawei Mate 9 specifications
- 5.9-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, 96% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) processor + i6 co-processor, Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with Leica lenses, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, CAF, Laser AF, OIS, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.9 x 78.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 190g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging