Realme started working on Realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12. Some of its more recent smartphones, and obviously, the new flagships will be updated with the latest version of its skin. This certainly includes the Realme GT 5G, the only Snapdragon 888-powered smartphone from Realme so far. The flagship of 2021 is among the first batch of devices getting Android 12, but while it does not come, Realme is working on keeping it stable and safe. Today, the brand is releasing a new firmware update that carries October 2021 security patch.
The new update carries firmware version RMX2202_11_A.16 and is rolling out via the OTA channel. Besides the current security patch, the update also brings more. It introduces system stability optimizations and fixes to some known issues. Unfortunately, the company didn’t detail exactly the changes in the changelog. It seems to be a minor security patch. Therefore, we don’t expect massive changes in the software either any new features.
As previously, stated the update is rolling out in a gradual manner for the handset. So it may take a while to hit all devices. If you don’t get the notification right now, don’t worry. Until the end of the week, you should receive it. You can alternatively check the update by heading to Settings >> Software Updates.
Worth noting that Realme is currently running the Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 beta testing in India and China. If you live in any of these countries and own a Realme GT 5G, you can try the beta build right now. Got sick of Android 11? Just apply for the beta testing via the Settings application.
Realme GT 5G update Changelog:
- Integrates the October 2021 Android security patch.
- Fixed Some known issues
- Optimizes system stability
- 6.43-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 98% NTSC color gamut, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, Sony IMX682 sensor, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.3 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.5 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio,
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 73.3x 8.4mm (glass) / 9.1mm (leather) ; Weight:186g (glass) / 186.5g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6e 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 65W Super Dart flash charging