With the launch of the official version of Android 12, major manufacturers have successively pushed the Android 12 operating system for their own models. At present, Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 already has the Android 12 update. This afternoon, Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 users shared their experience after upgrading to the Android 12 operating system. According to Mi Fans, Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 with Android 12 developer version is absolutely smooth.
Since it is a developer’s version, there are a few hiccups here and there but the overall performance is far better than the Android 11 version. The latest MIUI 12.5 on top of Android 12 did a good job with temperature control. It runs smoothly and the temperature is not high, much better than Android 11. However, the review of this system in China had a lot of complaints with respect to the personal income tax APP. According to Zhang Guoquan, director of Xiaomi’s system software department, developers of the personal income tax APP are already working on it. This is not a job for Xiaomi but that of the developers of the app. Nevertheless, Mr. Zhang gives users the assurance that the app will be working before the end of the month.
Starting from MIUI 12.5, the MIUI team focuses on optimizing the experience of the system. The company has established an “MIUI Pioneer Group” to focus on system optimization. Take MIUI 12.5 as an example, relative to MIUI 12, MIUI 12.5’s upgrade range is no less than a major version update. The fluency has been significantly improved.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 10-bit AMOLED display, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus Protection
- Up to 3.0GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 888 Plus 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung HMX sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, up to 100x zoom, 13MP 120° free-form ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with 5x optical zoom, up to 50x digital zoom, 8K video recording at 24fps, 4k 60 fps
- 20MP Under screen front-facing camera, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Custom 1014 linear top speaker, 1216P linear bottom speaker, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, UWB, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired, 50W wireless charging