After many teasers, ZTE is back with a new edition of its Axon 30 Ultra – The ZTE Axon 30 Ultra Aerospace Edition. That’s right the fancy-named smartphones are back! This is the world’s first smartphone to launch with 18 GB of RAM and 1 TB of Internal Storage. That’s more than a conventional computer can offer. This is written at the back of the smartphone, near the camera module. Apart from these impressive specifications, other specs are similar to the original variant that launched in April.
Another addition is that the back of the phone has taikonaut branding. There is an exclusive gift box including a transparent matte envelope with multiple silkscreens, that shows the space station’s orbit around the earth in a minimalistic style. It also outlines the space classic of Chinese astronauts first out of the capsule with diagonal stripes. The package also includes ZTE Live Buds Pro Bluetooth headset with ANC. Moreover, there is a protective case that uses aviation carbon cellulose leather.
Gizchina News of the week
“Astronauts of each country have their special names. The American astronaut is called Astronaut; the Russian astronaut is called a cosmonaut, and the Chinese astronaut is called Taikonaut. To remember this moment, the Axon30 Ultra Aerospace Edition is designed exclusively by Taikonaut to pay tribute to Chinese space heroes,” said the company.
ZTE Axon 30 Ultra specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio flexible curved screen with 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit color depth.
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 1TB (UFS 3.1) storage (Aerospace Edition)
- Android 11 with MyOS11
- Dual SIM
- 64MP primary camera with LED flash, f/1.6 aperture, Sony IMX686 sensor, OIS, 64MP ultra-wide camera with Samsung GW3 sensor f/2.2 aperture, 64MP portrait camera with Samsung GW3 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, 8MP periscope telephoto lens with OIS, 5x Optical Zoom, 10x Hybrid Zoom, 60X digital zoom, Laser focus sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Optical In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions:161.53×72.96×8.0mm; Weight:188g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 66W fast charging
The ZTE Axon 30 Ultra Aerospace Edition costs CNY 6,998. In direct conversion, it’s around $1,095. However, we don’t think that customers outside of China can have hopes for this handset. It will likely remain exclusive.