Oppo Reno 6 5G is the new leader in the DxOMark mobile battery ranking with 96 points. The rating of the smartphone is noticeably higher than that of the previous leader – the iPhone 13 Pro Max, which was rated at 89 points. The same 89 points were earned by OnePlus Nord CE, Vivo Y72 5G and Xiaomi 11T, which are located at the third, fourth and fifth lines of the rating.
DxOMark noted that one of the main factors behind this high score was Oppo’s patented SuperVOOC 2.0 fast-charging system, which delivers 65W of power. Thanks to this, the smartphone can charge up to 80% in just 22 minutes. Charging from 0 to 100% takes only 35 minutes. In addition, five minutes of charging can provide 10 hours of battery life. During testing, the Oppo Reno 6 5G delivers 57 hours of battery life with moderate use.
Recall that the Oppo Reno 6 5G has a 4300 mAh battery, which is far from the highest in the industry. The smartphone, presented this summer, is based on the MediaTek Dimensity 900 chipset and boasts a 6.43-inch AMOLED matrix with Full HD + resolution and a refresh rate of 90 Hz. It is worth noting that yesterday the device received a successor – the Oppo Reno 7.
Gizchina News of the week
- Very good charging time and outstanding charging efficiency
- Good autonomy performance (top score in its segment)
- Gains 10+ hours of autonomy with a 5-minute charge when under 50% capacity
- Average performance in mobility
- Below-average autonomy for calls
Despite coming in behind its rivals when it’s in use for phone calls, the Oppo Reno6 5G is a very well-balanced and well-designed device that shows good autonomy and outstanding results for charging and charge-up efficiency.
This is a reminder of the specifications of the OPPO Reno6 5G smartphone.
OPPO Reno6 5G specifications
- 6.43-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 90Hz OLED display with up to 800 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 900 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 11 with ColorOS 11.3
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with OmniVISION OV64B sensor, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with Sony IMX355 sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 2MP macro camera with OmniVISION OV02B10 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.8×72.1×7.59mm; Weight: 182g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh (typical) / 4200mAh (minimum) battery with 65W ultra-fast flash charging