This afternoon, Lu Weibing, president of Xiaomi Group China and general manager of the Redmi brand, posted a recommendation for Xiaomi 12 Pro, saying, “I have been using Xiaomi 12 Pro for a long time. This is both a flagship machine and a tough machine”. However, it appears that users will struggle to get this smartphone as it seems to be very popular. The Xiaomi 12 Pro is already on pre-sale on all major platforms in China. The starting price of this device is 4699 yuan $737 for the 8GB + 128GB model. However, some of the models are already selling out. The most popular green leather top version (12GB+256GB) is no longer available on Xiaomi Mall and Jingdong Mall. For this smartphone to sell out this early, it is a sign of things to come. The Xiaomi 12 Pro will likely be in short supply for a few months.
We can understand the popularity of this device. This flagship device uses a second-generation LTPO screen with a screen size of 6.73 inches. Under the hood, it has the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 SoC as well as up to 12GB of RAM. In the camera department, this smartphone uses a 32MP front camera. On the rear, it has a 50MP wide-angle, 50MP ultra-wide-angle, and another 50MP camera. To keep its lights on, the Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with a 4600 mAh battery that supports 120W wired, 50W wireless, and 10W reverse charging.
Xiaomi 12 Pro specifications
- 6.73-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) 2K AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 1-120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, 8,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 11
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.28″ Sony IMX707 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 50MP Samsung JN1 115° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 50MP Samsung JN1 2x portrait camera with f/1.9 aperture, 48mm focal length, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.6×74.6×8.16mm; Weight: 205g (glass) / 204g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired fast charging, 50W wireless second charge / 10W Wireless rechargeable
In addition, Xiaomi Mi 12 Pro is equipped with Night Owl Algorithm 2.0. The R&D team self-developed image metering algorithm, image registration fusion algorithm, image reconstruction algorithm, and image color correction algorithm, to achieve a better denoising effect, restore more details and finally obtain clear and bright images. At the same time, it also comes with the Night Owl Algorithm 2.0 to obtain a better denoising effect.