Last month, Xiaomi officially released its latest flagship series, Xiaomi 12 series. At the launch event on December 28th, the company released three smartphones. The devices are Xiaomi 12, Xiaomi 12 Pro, and Xiaomi 12X. Among them, the Xiaomi 12X is the least and it comes with a 3199 yuan ($502) starting price. This is cheaper than the Xiaomi 12 and Xiaomi 12 Pro whose starting prices are 3699 yuan ($580) and 4699 yuan ($737) respectively. At the launch event, the Xiaomi 12 Pro was obviously the protagonist of the event. However, the Xiaomi 12X is becoming increasingly popular.
Just a few days after the release of this smartphone, it is already gaining a good reputation. According to Jingdong Mall, the current Xiaomi 12X’s praise rate is close to 100%. Like Xiaomi 12, Xiaomi 12X is also a flagship with a small screen. The screen size of both smartphones is 6.28 inches, the resolution is FHD+, and the refresh rate is 120Hz. There is no pressure for a one-handed operation.
Gizchina News of the week
This smartphone comes with Qualcomm’s popular Snapdragon 870 SoC which is not entirely a flagship processor. The rest of the series comes with the flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen1 processor. The Xiaomi 12X also comes with a 4500 mAh battery that supports 67W wired fast charging. Xiaomi 12 supports 67W wired fast charging but also 50W wireless. The Xiaomi 12X does not support wireless charging.
In addition, Xiaomi 12X is also pre-installed with the new MIUI 13 operating system. The system adds three privacy protection functions: face verification protection, privacy watermarking, and electronic fraud protection.
Xiaomi 12X specifications
- 6.28-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1100 nits brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 11
- 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.56″ Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera with 80.5 Fov
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 152.7×69.9×8.16mm; Weight: 176g
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 67W wired fast charging
Obviously, the Xiaomi 12X is the “underdog” of this series but it appears to be more popular than we think.