Google launched the first beta version of Android 12 L in December last year. This update brings a number of optimizations and improvements to foldable devices and large-screen devices. It has been released to many Pixel phones. Today, the company released the Android 12L Beta 2 version. There are not many functional changes in this update. It is mainly for bug fixes and also comes with the latest January 2022 security patch.
According to reports, starting with Beta 2, Android 12L has finalized the system behavior and APIs. Developers can already adapt apps for Android 12L. This system comes with a standard API level (API level 32).
Android 12L update changelog
- Tackles a bug that causes the misalignment of the clock on the screen. This bug makes the clock not to be in the center of the screen (lock screen).
- Fixes an issue that causes the apps in the recent apps list to display as black images. The black images will have the message “App Unavailable”. This update takes care of this issue
- When using gestures to switch between apps, sometimes it shows the image of the previous app state on part of the current app. This issue is no longer available on the latest update.
- When viewing some icons on the lock screen, they appear too small when viewed on a large screen. This latest update of the Android 12L takes care of this issue.
- After unlocking the device, sometimes, the lock screen does not turn off. This was an issue with the first beta. The second beta (current beta) completely takes care of this issue.
- Bitmap images sometimes disappear or otherwise render incorrectly in widgets in the first beta. The second and latest beta also takes care of this issue.
Android 12L Beta 2 has been pushed to a number of Pixel devices, the following are the update packages:
|Equipment name||OTA package||complete package|
|Google Pixel 3a||Link||Link|
|Google Pixel 3a XL||Link||Link|
|Google Pixel 4||Link||Link|
|Google Pixel 4 XL||Link||Link|
|Google Pixel 4a||Link||Link|
|Google Pixel 4a 5G||Link||Link|
|Google Pixel 5||Link||Link|
|Google Pixel 5a||Link||Link|
Google Android 12L
Google officially announced the Android 12L operating system on October 28. This system is an Android 12 system optimized for tablets and foldable devices. Android 12L will focus on optimizing the system UI for large-screen devices, including notifications, quick settings, lock screen, overview, home screen, etc. The company is striving to get a hold of the next wave of Android 12 tablets, Chromebooks, and foldable devices.
According to Google’s official release schedule, the Android 12L will have three betas. This means that there is just one beta left before the arrival of the official stable version. The official version will be out in the first quarter of this year.