The iPhone 13 series has been doing quite well in the market and are little or no complaints about this series. However, a recent report out of China claims that the iPhone 13 has a pink screen issue. According to the reports, restoring the settings and upgrading the system cannot solve the pink screen problem. Unfortunately, this issue is not an isolated one as many users complain that the iPhone 13 series have a pink screen. Furthermore, there are complaints that the pink screen is accompanied by various degrees of lag, flashback, automatic restart, and other problems.
However, most of the reports so far seem to be coming out of China. We can not ascertain if this issue is restricted to the Chinese models only. The pink screen issue occurs intermittently. Furthermore, sections of the screen sometimes go pink or show blocks of pink colour. In some cases, the entire screen will appear pink, similar to the previous green screen issue.
According to the feedback information, the current iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and even the top iPhone 13 Pro Max has similar problems. However, judging from the pictures posted by many netizens, when the iPhone 13 appears in the pink screen state, it is not full-screen pink. The system status bar icons and other information remain on the screen.
Based on this, the pink screen issues of the iPhone 13 may not be a hardware problem. There is also a high probability that a bug in the system software is responsible for this issue. An update from Apple will probably take care of it soon. As of now, there is no information from Apple regarding this issue.
Apple iPhone 13 specifications
- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, 800 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, True Tone, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 4‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB storage options
- iOS 15
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, Sensor-shift optical image stabilisation for video, True Tone flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision at 4K 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 146.7×71.5×7.65mm; Weight: 173grams
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Ultra-Wideband chip for spatial awareness, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 19 hours of video playback